Amazon Prime Video Now the Exclusive Premium Subscription Streaming Home for PBS Kids
Amazon and PBS Distribution today announced that they have entered into a multi-year agreement that makes Amazon Prime Video the exclusive premium subscription streaming home for a broad collection of PBS KIDS series. Prime members in the U.S. can watch PBS KIDS episodes via the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at www.amazon.com/primevideo. In addition to streaming, all episodes are also available to download for offline viewing on iPads, iPhones, Android phones and tablets and Fire tablets at no additional cost—meaning Prime members can enjoy PBS KIDS titles even when they don’t have an internet connection available. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
“We are excited to announce this new deal with PBS, which will make Prime Video the exclusive premium subscription home for the great PBS KIDS series that our customers and their kids love,” said Brad Beale, Vice President of Worldwide Television Acquisition for Amazon. “From our award-winning Amazon Original Series to amazing licensed content from industry leaders like PBS KIDS, we’re committed to making Prime Video the best destination for kids and family programming that will both educate and entertain.”
“We are very pleased to be continuing our relationship with Amazon, increasing Prime Video members’ access to our trusted, educational programming,” said Lesli Rotenberg, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Children’s Media & Education, PBS. “PBS KIDS shows have been developed with the needs of today’s children in mind and focus on fundamental academic areas such as literacy, science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), in addition to collaboration, communication, critical thinking and creativity.”
Prime members can explore a variety of PBS KIDS content, including series that support social-emotional development and literacy skills, as well as science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills. The benefits of PBS KIDS series include:
- Developing early social-emotional skills with Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Caillou and Arthur
- Opening new natural history and science worlds with Dinosaur Train, Wild Kratts, Nature Cat and Ready Jet Go!
- Inspiring curiosity in mathematics with Odd Squad and Peg + Cat
- Enriching vocabulary and developing early literacy skills with Martha Speaks and WordGirl
Programs will premiere on PBS stations and then will be made available in Amazon Prime Video after a period of time. In addition to Prime Video, PBS KIDS titles will also be available with Amazon FreeTime Unlimited—a subscription service designed from the ground up for kids and their parents.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV episodes, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, kids series Tumble Leaf, and Love & Friendship, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Add-on Subscriptions: Dozens of subscriptions to networks like SHOWTIME, STARZ and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing
To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Ready Jet Go! will be available on Prime Video starting August 15, 2016